To provide you with flexibility in the way you handle your contracts, you can choose who will sign the contract while the contract is a draft. This means that it is possible to prepare a contract for others to sign.
Me and others
Me and others is the default option on Contractbook for signing a contract. This is the option you have to use if you are signing a contract with others.
- Leave Me and others checked off.
- Add your own information to the parties field if it is not already there. Your information must be in the field furthest to the left.
- Add the other party/parties information in the other fields.
- When the contract is ready to be sent, and you have filled in the signature field, scroll to the bottom and press Sign.
After you have signed, the contract will automatically be sent to the next party. If there is more that one other party the contract will be sent in the order you have chosen.
The Only others option allows you prepare a contract for others that you are not signing yourself.
- Choose Only others.
- Add the signing parties' information to the parties field. The signing party furthest to the left will be the first to sign the contract.
- Once the contract is done, and you have filled in the signature field, scroll to the bottom of the page and press Send for signature.
- You are now presented with a pop up where you can choose whether want to have permission to view contract after it has been signed.
If you choose yes, the contract will be stored on your profile as well as the profiles of all signing parties.
If you choose no, the contract will not be stored on your profile but only on the profiles of those who sign it.
HINT: Other parties will be able to see that you prepared the contract even though you did not sign nor choose to store it on your profile.
This is the option you should chose if you are the only signing party of the contract.
- Choose Only me.
- Fill in your own information in the parties field.
- When the draft is ready to be signed, and the signature field has been filled in too, scroll to the bottom and press Sign.