These are the three major benefits of direct document sharing:
- Allow contract recipients to fill in editable fields themselves: There's no need to gather tons of information from contract recipients anymore! Simply share a contract draft with the recipient before you send it for signature to allow them to fill in editable fields themselves.
- Get your contract reviewed before signing: Do you need your lawyer or colleague to review a contract before you sign it? Just share the draft with them.
- Give access to specific signed or stored contracts: Share specific signed and stored contracts with any relevant party.
If you prefer a video guide just press play below otherwise keep scrolling for a simple written guide:
How to share documents
1. Open the document you want to share and click Share. It can be any type of document.
2. Add the email addresses of the people you want to share the document with and press Share. You can add a message too if you like.
For drafts you can also choose editing permission for each individual recipient.
That was it! The document has now been shared. The person/people you shared the document with will now receive an email with your message and a link to the document.
Who is a document shared with?
You can see who a document is shared with in two places:
1. In the document lists next to the document title.
2. By opening the document and looking at the top bar.
If you want to stop sharing a document just open the document and press Share again. Now you will be able to remove the email(s) of the person/people you want to stop sharing the document with.
Now you are ready to increase your document collaboration!
If you ever need help with any of our features, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via our support chat.