These are the three major benefits of direct document sharing:
- Allow contract recipients to fill in editable fields themselves: There's no need to gather tons of information from contract recipients anymore! Simply share a contract draft with the recipient before you send it for signature to allow them to fill in editable fields themselves.
- Get your contract reviewed before signing: Do you need your lawyer or colleague to review a contract before you sign it? Just share the draft with them.
- Give access to specific signed or stored contracts: Share specific signed and stored contracts with any relevant party.
How to share documents
Step 1: Open the document you want to share and click Share. It can be any type of document.
Step 2: Add the email addresses of the people you want to share the document with and press Share. You can add a message too if you like.
For drafts you can also choose editing permission for each individual recipient.
That was it! The document has now been shared. The person/people you shared the document with will now receive an email with your message and a link to the document.
Who is a document shared with?
You can see who a document is shared with in two places:
1. In the document lists next to the document title
2. By opening the document and looking at the top bar
If you want to stop sharing a document just open the document and press Share again. Now you will be able to remove the email(s) of the person/people you want to stop sharing the document with.