With a Contractbook and Pipedrive integration you can automatically send a contract via Contractbook just by moving a deal in your Pipedrive pipeline. Then once the contract has been signed the deal will automatically move to the correct stage in your pipeline.
Of course, this setup requires that you meet a couple of criteria in regards to the complexity of your agreements. Read on to enlighten yourself, get inspired, and maybe even improve your workflow.
Here’s what you need to get started:
- Contractbook account
- Pipedrive Essential account
- Zapier account
How to set up your integration with Pipedrive
To create this integration you must first make a contract template on Contractbook. This template will be attached to the integrating meaning it will be used for all deals in Pipedrive that are moved to the stage you specify in point 5 below. As such, this integration will only work if your contracts are fairly standardised.
The contract will be customised via editable fields you add to it. These editable fields will be filled in from the data that is sent via Zapier. As such, deal in Pipedrive must contain all information you need to add to the contract such as company name, email address, agreed price etc.
- Sign in to Zapier account and create a new Zap.
- Choose Pipedrive as your trigger app.
- Select Updated Deal Stage as your trigger event and press Continue.
- Connect your Zapier and Pipedrive accounts by following the directions on Zapier and press Continue.
- Now you must specify the stage in your pipedrive which will activate your integration.
Example: If stage two, called Send contract, should activate your integration, then this is the stage you select. The trigger then activates when a new deal is moved to the defined stage.
Important: When testing your trigger step Zapier needs a data set. This data set must have the required information available to generate and send a contract. Contractbook requires an email address and the name of the recipient as a minimum to send the contract. As such, these must be registered on the deal in Pipedrive. We suggest you make a test dataset to eliminate the risk of sending a contract to an actual client.
- After connecting your accounts, press Test trigger. Zapier will now look for a dataset. If you have more data sets you can choose which to use. Press Continue.
- Now it's time to add your action step in Zapier. Choose Contractbook.
- Select the action Create Contract and press Continue.
- Connect your Contractbook account to Zapier by following the guide on Zapier. If you need help creating an API key in Contractbook this article will show you how.
- Now it's time to customise your auto-generated contract by combining your data points from the deal in Pipedrive to their respective fields in the contract template from Contractbook. Some fields are marked (required) and must as such be filled in. Other fields that have to be filled in are Contract Title, Message Subject, and Message Body.
Example: Add the data point Person ID Email from Pipedrive to the Recipient Email field, the data point Org Name from Pipedrive to Company Name, and Person Name from Pipedrive to Company Representative.
Important: You have to name the title of the contract exactly like the deal in Pipedrive for the next step of the integration to work. An example of a good naming strategy is [Your company name] x [Client name].
- Once you have connected all the required fields with the correct data press Continue.
- Press Test & Continue. If you are happy with how the test turned out just press Turn on Zap. Otherwise go back and edit.
- We suggest you now test the integration from Pipedrive by adding a test deal to the stange you specified in stage 5.
For your deal to automatically move to another stage after the customer has signed the agreement, you need to create a second zap following the steps listed below:
- Make an entirely new Zap. Choose Contractbook as the trigger app and select Contract Updated as your trigger event. Press Continue.
- Connect to your Contractbook account.
- Specify the trigger event by choosing Signed when customising the trigger and press Continue.
- Press Test Trigger.
- Zapier will now search your Contractbook account for contracts that match your specifications i.e. have been signed. If you have no signed contracts on your account yet you have to create a test contract.
- Once Zapier has found the necessary data press Continue.
- Now it's time to add your action step. Choose Pipedrive.
- Now choose Update Deal as your action event and press Continue.
- Connect to your Pipedrive account and press Continue.
- After connecting your Pipedrive account, go to Deal, Custom and press Add a Search Step. A pop-up module will appear which asks whether you would like to add this search step as the new second overall step of your Zap. Chose Ok, add it!.
- Open 2. Find Deal in Pipedrive and attach your Pipedrive account again. Press Continue
- In the Customize Deal step, setField to Search By to Title and in the field below, attach the data point Contract Title from Contractbook. Lastly, be sure to choose Yes to Search for an Exact Match? and press Continue.
- Press Test & Continue.
- In your third and last step of the integration, your search step will automatically have found the right deal to move when the relevant contract has been signed. You simply need to define which stage the deal should move to under Stage and press Continue.
- Press Test & Continue.
- If everything is done correctly, and you see no error messages you can just press Turn on Zap. If there are any issues Zapier will guide you as to where and how to solve them.
- Now turn on your second Zap and do your first “real” test by repeating step 13 from the first guide above.
If you have any questions for any of the steps above be sure to reach out in our support chat to get in touch with one of our integration specialists. We will be more than happy to help!